By Vanessa Holden
March 07, 2018
CFA: SHEAR 2018 Graduate Research Seminars
3 min read
SHEAR is pleased to open registration for the 4th annual graduate student research luncheon seminars. Reserve your spot for a free catered luncheon facilitated by two senior scholars in the field on Friday, 20 July 2018.
These seminars permit grad students and senior faculty to discuss common themes, important areas of research, and the challenges faced by scholars in the field. Conversations in each group may turn alternately to subjects like archives, methodologies, and important secondary literature in their area. Best of all, these seminars help participants to network amongst like-minded scholars, and to find potential partners for organizing panels for future conferences.
- The program and lunch are free, but you must be registered for the conference.
- You need to be currently enrolled in a graduate program or have received an AY 2017-2018 degree.
- If necessary, preference will be given to those who did not participate in last year’s graduate seminars and who do not already appear on the conference program.
- Capitalism and Market Culture led by Tamara Plakins Thornton and Christopher Clark
- Women, Gender, and the Family in the Era of the American Revolution led by Charlene Boyer Lewis and Craig Thompson Friend
- Legal History and Culture led by Honor Sachs and Sarah Barringer Gordon
Enrollment in each seminar is limited. We aim to assign participants to their first choice; but if that session fills early, we will accommodate participants in other sessions. To apply, please email a dissertation abstract (250 words max) to SHEAR2018@gmail.com with YOURNAME_Grad_Seminar in the subject line by April 20th. Include your graduate program (advisor, department, university), expected completion date, and your first and second seminar choice.